I used the recipe from smitten kitchen. As far as I can remember I followed it faithfully, although I didn’t use macintosh apples (sorry, I don’t remember what kind I used).
It was ridiculous. So very good.
- Well, if this Russian example is not encouraging for home gardening, I don’t know what would be! I can’t wait until the Artist and I live somewhere with a plot of land I can put to such great use.
- My mom points us in the direction of this Weigelian commentary on Pope Francis from the First Things blog On the Square.
- Dawn, Suki’s college roommate and friend, makes the latest Terrence Malick film sound like something we’d like to see. To the Wonder and the Fecundity of Commitment — Are you planning on seeing it? This article also from On the Square (yes, we like On the Square… in fact, you can even dig up a few reviews by yours truly there! :).
- Speaking of Stuff We Wrote and Pope Francis, we of course recommend the latest by my Papa, LMLD’s “the Chief” himself!: A Call to Serve: Pope Francis and the Catholic Future. It’s full of lots of coffee-table-worthy, large photos and, of course, insightful commentary. You can pre-order now!
- Suki came across the perfect b&p item: one blogger’s account of how she and her friends have a communal bits and pieces dinner night: F Friday! Suki points out that all we need is a neighborhood, and we’ll be on our way to this, An Impromptu Party Idea for All Ages from the Kitchn. A “bits and pieces” dinner with a social aspect!